Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Under the weather..

This post may be a little too much information but for those relatives out of town, you might want to know what we've been going through for the past few days. It all began Friday at work when I couldn't hold my head up...just another sinus infection. I came home and went to bed and thought all would be better tomorrow. At 12am, poor little Cam's puking every hour. Thanks to Hank, he got up with him and took care of him. We hung out around the house and thought all was peachy until I started having a pain in my side. I thought, oh no! it's appendicitis but it was on the wrong side. The pain was excruciating so Hank took me to Dr. Zach's and he just wasn't quite sure either. By Tuesday, Hank had the stomach virus, and he couldn't hold his head up, so I drive myself to the ER. I'm thinking to myself I'm going to die! ( I know, I'm a little dramatic) So I stay in ER with IV's all day until I can get a CAT SCAN. And by the way, the dye they put in your veins hurts, so don't ever be fooled! But they did do a CAT SCAN and there was some inflamation in my left small intestines. They thought emergency surgery was going to have to be done to repair the kink in the intestines but a gastroenterologist (in Memphis)read the Cat Scan report and thankfully said that I should feel better in a few days. At this time, poor Hank is home very sick with the virus. So today when I woke up guess who had the stomach virus? ME! Is this sickness ever going away? It still worries me that maybe I do need surgery, but the DR was pretty reassuring that it would get better. I'm going to attempt to go to work tomorrow and hopefully we will be healthy again. I have the strangest things wrong with me. If anyone's ever experienced upper left abdomen pain, let me know. Again, hopefully this wasn't to graphic! Please pray for healing in my family! Love, Susan

3 comments:

nicole said...

Oh my goodness! Sounds like you guys have had it rough! I hope everyone gets better REAL soon.
nicole

~lillie~ said...

oh Susan, i am so sorry. I will say a prayer for you all tonight. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

Amy said...

Sue!! Oh my! I hope you all are feeling better!

"By wisdom a house is built,
by understanding it is established,
and by knowledge the
rooms are filled
with all precious
and pleansant riches."
Proverbs 24:3

My Favorite Prayer!

serenity prayer Pictures, Images and Photos

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Counters