Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wow!

Wow! Where has the time gone? School started and blogging became a thing of the past. I've always had two children so why now has it gotten so much tougher that I've failed to blog? I believe the answer to that is TWO IN SCHOOL! I absolutely admire you mothers out there that have three or more children-I couldn't imagine having to check ALL THAT HOMEWORK!!! I not only have to check it but I have to learn things all over again that I actually had forgotten about. Like Photosynthesis and SIMPLE MATH!!! (hey, I may work at a bank, but I have my handy dandy calculator!) But anyway, school has gotten off to a great start. Camden thinks Kindergarten is ("just ok, nothing to brag about!") And Cade Carter (my A+ student) is doing great too, except he can't stay out of "Nurse Mel's" office. He has stomach aches and headaches a lot-(NO HE DOESN'T) He's my faker! I don't know if he's just bored at school or what but we had to have a talk with him and tell him he can only go to the nurse unless he's bleeding. Just last week I got the call from school that he was sick-went to pick him up and an hour later this Mama took his little tail back to school! He wasn't sick!



We've spent a lot of time with Cam at soccer practice and Cade Carter at football practice. There first game was this past weekend. Cam made his first goal!!! Due to the fact that I know nothing about football, it seems that Cade Carter is doing very good-I saw him running down the field and it looked like he was doing something good-Yes, I need the book "Football for Dummies!" Awana at Oak Grove also started and the kids have been attending. Listening to Camden recite John 3:16 just brought tears to my eyes. And Cade Carter's memorization of several verses in one night is outstanding to us! I cannot stress enough how wonderful Awana is at Oak Grove. The boys have been asked to participate in Oak Grove's Christmas Pageant and Cade Carter is getting a speaking part! I can't wait until Christmas!



We have also been watching DiDi and Sarah's house go up! I've never seen a house go up as fast as theirs has. They started it in July and they will probably be moving in two weeks. Absolutely amazing. I am so proud of them! Every window in their house overlooks Tatlock Lake. I can't wait to go sit on the porch by the fireplace this winter and relax looking at the lake. The boys love it too because Cam wants to have his 6th birthday party at the lake in November.



Hank's job is keeping him very busy on the road but he's always home in the afternoon to help run the boys here and there. I know I say this all the time but it's wonderful to have him home more. He seems so much more at peace with his life and he's getting to experience home life! He is so good with the boys when it comes to sports and things because their Mama "aint!"



As for me, in a previous post, I posted a goal to stay on schedule with my day to day activities which include work, exercise and family-and believe it or not I have stuck to it. Having a schedule makes life so much easier. I highly recommend it!! LOL-just ask me next week and I might end up messing it up!! I've posted some pictures of the past month. Happy Fall!

No comments:

"By wisdom a house is built,
by understanding it is established,
and by knowledge the
rooms are filled
with all precious
and pleansant riches."
Proverbs 24:3

My Favorite Prayer!

serenity prayer Pictures, Images and Photos

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Counters