Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Krull Family

Blogs can be misleading. Most of the time, we only write about happy things going on in our lives.  Pictures that are cute, stories that are funny and recipes that are delicious. We rarely, if ever, tell what's really going on in our lives. I'm guilty of it with this blog. But not today.

Ever since Lucy Krull (age 5) was diagnosed with medulablastoma (a type of brain cancer) my family has been devastated over poor Lucy's diagnosis.  When I first found out I cried tears, cried out to God and my mind went a thousand different directions.  I told Hank "Lucy was just at our home this past Sunday riding 4-wheelers with us...how could this happen?"  Lately I've been scared, worried  and I just don't understand a lot of things. But, I've learned so much through our small community that I am from, and how BIG GOD ACTUALLY IS!!!  The prayers, not to mention the gestures of love this little girl is receiving is remarkable.

All the scriptures I've read on facebook have revitalized me and I've learned how much He loves us and that we all have been touched by Lucy's ilness.  That if it matters to me, it matters to God.  I love our church and the other Godly people in our lives. It has been  so encouraging to see people actually acting like Christians, supporting the Krull family and not to mention each other.  Everyones kindness shows they love Jesus and want to be His hands and feet during this difficult time to comfort this family.   And last, I've learned that no matter what we give to the Krull family, (whether it's the World  famous "Go Lucy Go" t-shirts, bracelets, car decals, buttons, a donation to St. Jude,) it is from HIS hands. We don't earn anything, He gives it.  I ask everyone that reads this blog, to please pray for Lucy and to ask God to show us something good to come out of something that seems so bad.

For information on Lucy, please visit her Mom's blog:
http://www.erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com/

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Phillippians 4:13

1 comment:

Cherri said...

Well put, Susan... We are certainly praying daily for Lucy and her family!

"By wisdom a house is built,
by understanding it is established,
and by knowledge the
rooms are filled
with all precious
and pleansant riches."
Proverbs 24:3

My Favorite Prayer!

serenity prayer Pictures, Images and Photos

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Counters