Ever since Cade Carter was little he's always liked to draw and color. As he got in elementary school, he took art and began to win little awards here and there. I honestly thought, he's a great drawer but never pursued it with private lessons. I honestly think Hank wanted him to play ball and "art was for girls!" He never said that but I can read him pretty WELL. One day Cade Carter told me he was drawing a picture at school of New York City (Cade Carter was in 1st grade at the time) When he brought it home, I was so amazed at his artistic ability. I framed the picture and hung it in Hank's office. We were all so proud of him.
Recently, Cade Carter's friend, Gunner, told him about his art lessons. Cade Carter rushed home to tell me one day that "Gunner's in Art." Ms. Barbara McBride of Covington is a local art teacher who is amazing! I told Cade Carter that if he would bring up his reading grade, we would allow him to take lessons from her. Well he raised his grade!
The moral to this story is....look within your child for his/her own talent...you never know what you might find within them. (REGARDLESS OF BOY OR GIRL!)


















No comments:
Post a Comment