Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cade Carter's Promotion to 5th Grade

Well, days of Crestview Elementary are over with.  Cade Carter has been promoted to the 5th grade at Crestview Middle School.  His promotion was last week and the 4th grade teachers gave a great graduation party.  The kids sang in the gym to all the parents which was great.  Some of the songs were quite comical as you can see in the following pics. 

 Mrs. Sarah Cousar introducing her students.  We are going to miss Mrs. Sarah. She has been an awesome teacher this year! 

 Cade Carter and his best bud Huntley Rose. 

 Ms. Betty-Cade Carter will miss you!
Check out the shades...they were to funny singing and dancing...or should I say to "cool for school."

Now, I'm sure all of you are thinking...how's Susan handling her oldest going to the Middle School.  To answer that...I'm horrible.  When the day arrives in August and I drop him off...it's not going to be a good day for me.  I think it's the unknown that I'm scared of the most but just walking into the school last week for parent orientation just about got the best of me.  It's definitely not a welcoming feeling like you feel at Crestview Elementary.  The teachers just kept repeatedly telling me these are the years they GROW UP.  Well I personally didn't want to hear that.  My child is in 5th grade-not High School!  They mentioned that these are the years we embarrass them so "Don't come eat lunch with them or they might hide under the lunch table."  As I toured the school I saw the different hallways that separated the 5th grade students from the rest of the school.  Well, that still didn't make me feel better.  I just don't want to leave Crestview Elementary.  Everyone took care of Cade Carter there and I mean EVERYBODY.  Can I just click my heels three times and be back there with Cade Carter?  "There's no place like home." 

Cade Carter and Huntley having cake and punch after the program.

I have the summer to prepare for the big day for Cade Carter....We will be fine.  Gotta have faith, right?   
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe he's going to be in middle school. And I say go eat lunch with him if you want to. If he acts like he doesn't like you being there, it'a just a front. Deep down, he'll be glad and reassured of his Momma's love for him! I am sure Cade Carter will take with him the wonderful things he's learned at CES and be an asset to CMS. They are lucky to have him!

Unknown said...

BTW-that last comment was made by Nicole! :-) I was still signed in as Laura since I was checking on the go lucy go email account! I am sure she would have said the same.hehe

Kendra said...

He's definitely growing up... sniff sniff...I don't want Jillian going to middle school either. They really do grow up there. I already dread this time next year when Coco goes to Kindergarten in a strange city, strange school full of strange teachers! My heart hurts just thinking about it.

Laura Dawson said...

Nicole is right..I would say the same thing! Yes, definetly go eat lunch with him...you can MAKE it cool. Cade Carter is such a sweet boy. He will do great...although it's not CES, in 4 years, you will probably be sad to leave there too, then in 4 more, sad to see him go to college!!

"By wisdom a house is built,
by understanding it is established,
and by knowledge the
rooms are filled
with all precious
and pleansant riches."
Proverbs 24:3

My Favorite Prayer!

serenity prayer Pictures, Images and Photos

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Counters