Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Meal Planning-Fun Friday turned Fun Tuesday
A few of us from my church plan to start tackling Wednesday night meals for our youth and little kids. It's somewhat ironic that on my friend Kate's blog this week her Fun Friday Link Party was on Meal Planning. Well, I have been pondering what to feed the little ones every week and how to have it prepared by 5:30 when I do not get off work until 4:30. How am I going to get food prepared for 40 kids in less than an hour? I know for sure that my crock pot will be involved. This new adventure is going to be trial and error for awhile and hopefully I can figure out how to do this.
I recently started couponing, and I've learned to shop our local drug stores for personal and paper products. When using your coupons, these drug stores are CHEAPER- If you play your cards right, you can AVOID Wal-mart completely. I totally recommend doing this! Wal-Mart is EVIL when it comes to getting me in there. I usually run to the grocery store on Sunday mornings after church and get what I need for the week. So I try to meal plan mid-week, therefore, my menus run from Wednesday -Tuesday of the following week. I could go on and on to my crazy madness of meal planning but this post could get really long. Kudos to Kate for bringing up a topic that I tend to struggle with from week to week, especially now that I'm feeding the church kiddos too. LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"By wisdom a house is built,
by understanding it is established,
and by knowledge the
rooms are filled
with all precious
and pleansant riches."
Proverbs 24:3
by understanding it is established,
and by knowledge the
rooms are filled
with all precious
and pleansant riches."
Proverbs 24:3


















1 comment:
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you! I think that Crock Pot is definitely the answer. If you're on Pinterest, I've seen a lot of crock pot freezer meals lately.
Thanks to Kate's "Fun Friday" this week, I'm trying to get more organized with menu planning.
Another local girl in a house full of boys :)
Lisa @All That and a Box of Rocks
Post a Comment