Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A loss to everyone...

I attended a funeral today of a childhood friend. This was the first funeral I've attended whom I grew up with. Dr. Zachary Maxwell will always be remembered by everyone that lived in this town. I remember in high school hanging out at his grandmother's farm. Melanie was always with him and the fun we've all had together. Those are the memories I'll treasure forever of him.
I question God why he took him away from all of us so soon. But as someone trying to comfort me on Sunday morning told me..."He accomplished and overcome so much in one's life that he had done what he had to do here on earth, therefore, his time in heaven was needed." Trying to accept such a tragedy is so difficult...I pray that his family will find peace in their loss. The Serenity Prayer is a prayer that I keep with me and read very often when I question life.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.

No comments:

"By wisdom a house is built,
by understanding it is established,
and by knowledge the
rooms are filled
with all precious
and pleansant riches."
Proverbs 24:3

My Favorite Prayer!

serenity prayer Pictures, Images and Photos

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Counters