Friday, May 14, 2010

Was that a cougar?


As the boys and I were going to school last week, something ran across in front of the car.  We were on Hwy 54 just 1/2 mile from the house and I could see something running (very light in color-much lighter than this pic) about to approach the road and cross...(No it wasn't a deer!) It loped across the road towards the bridge and disappeared in the bushes/stream where I couldn't see it anymore.  It was very FAST!  The first question Hank asked me WHEN I called him on his cell was "did it have a tail?"  I don't remember-it was to far away and I'm just not that observant.  My description to Hank was that it had "short legs, long body and very LIGHT in color...Much lighter than a deer.  I think it was a cougar, otherwise know as "the mountain lion."  I got on the Internet and pulled up pics...this is the closest one that fits the description b/c of it loping and as you can see-short legs, long body...I just don't remember the dang tail!!!!! And IF it was a bob cat-it was the biggest bob cat ever!

FYI Since this discovery last week-it's now a proven fact that there are cougars in Lauderdale County close to the Mississippi (around Chisolm Lake) They are attacking geese on lakes and eating them.  You cannot kill these animals-unless of course, they cause bodily harm.  They are dangerous...now I'm worried about the boys playing outside...

1 comment:

Brandi said...

The boys and I saw something in a field on Mt. Carmel early in the school year - we never could figure out what it was because it was SO fast. Now I'm wondering if we might have seen one to?

"By wisdom a house is built,
by understanding it is established,
and by knowledge the
rooms are filled
with all precious
and pleansant riches."
Proverbs 24:3

My Favorite Prayer!

serenity prayer Pictures, Images and Photos

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Counters